A WORLD OF TRIVIA
The one-stop resource centre for organisers and participants of trivia nights
Trivia Question and Answer Sets 1
Please help support this site by supporting our sponsors
101 Great Trivia Questions
and their answers
- In which town was Sir Donald Bradman born?
- What is the chemical symbol for iron?
- Who is the eldest, Paris or Nicky Hilton?
- How old was Marilyn Monroe when she died?
- Who was the last man to be hanged in Australia?
- Which author composed the 'Louis the Fly' ditty advertising fly spray?
- Marlon Brando won an Oscar starring in which 1972 classic?
- Who or what is Matilda in the song 'Waltzing Matilda?
- What size shoe does Ian Thorpe wear?
- In which Australian state is the Franklin River?
- What creature has the largest eyes?
The giant squid
- Who won the Oscar for Best Actress in 2003?
Nicole Kidman for 'The Hours'
- What is the capital of Burkina Faso?
- Who wrote Advance Australia Fair?
Peter Dodds McCormick
- In area, which is the largest state of the United States?
- What is the longest river in Europe?
- In which ocean did the Titanic sink?
- Where was the first soccer World Cup played?
Uruguay in 1930
- Who intended to blow up the British Parliament in 1605 ?
- Which Australian suburb is Dame Edna Everage from?
- What is the chemical symbol for lead?
- What planet is known as the red planet?
- Which river flows through Taree in NSW?
- With which team did Harry Kewell start his English Premier League career?
- What are the first names of the Hilton sisters?
Nicky and Paris
- How many times did Eyvonne Goolagong Cawley win Wimbledon?
Twice (1971 and 1980)
- Who wrote the Harry Potter books?
J K Rowling
- What is the surname of Kath from the TV show Kath and Kim?
- Who was the host of Countdown?
- What does Phar Lap mean?
- What invention is Mervyn Richardson famous for?
The Vicra Lawnmower (His middle name was Victor)
- What is the most widely spoken language in the world?
- Where is the Westerns Plains Zoo?
Dubbo in New South Wales
- Where is 'The Dish' ?
Parkes, New South Wales
- Which car manufacturer made the FJ
- Who Designed the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games Torch
- Who won the first Test Match between Australia and England in 1877?
Australia by 45 runs
- On November 5th. 1999 Australians said no to what?
Becoming a republic
- Who was the winning jockey in the 2002 Tooheys New Melbourne Cup?
- What was Don Bradman's test average against England?
- What is another unusual term for 'wrong'un'?
- Which Victorian (Australia) town was originally called Sandhurst?
- Who wrote 'The Origin of the Species'?
- There are 78 cards in which type of pack?
- Where would one find a Plimsol Line?
On a cargo ship
- Which horse won the 2001 Tooheys New Melbourne Cup?
- In what year was the Centenary cricket test held in Melbourne?
- Which movie won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2000?
- What does a palaeontologist study?
- What are the names of the Blues Brothers ?
Jake and Elwood
- Canberra is believed to come from the Aboriginal word meaning ?
- What colour are the seats and carpet of the Australian Senate ?
- In what year was the Sydney Harbour bridge completed ?
- What is the largest planet in our solar system?
- What is the nickname of the South Australian cricket team ?
- Which country's flag is solid green?
- At which race course would you find Beckett's Corner?
Silverstone in the UK
- The King and I starred which male actor in 1956 ?
- Which horse won the 2002 Melbourne Cup?
- What is a Darling River Hardyhead?
- Who was the Lithgow Flash?
- Where were the Olympics held in 1980?
- Who was Governor of New South Wales when the Rum Rebellion took place ?
- Which country has Dong as its currency?
- When was the title of Uluru transferred to the traditional owners?
- Tom Hanks won back to back Oscars for which films
Philadelphia (1993) & Forrest Gump (1994)
- How many runs did Don Bradman score in his first test innings?
- What is the country code for Australia for international phone calls?
- Where were the 1968 Olympic Games held ?
- Which Australian city lays claim to be the largest in the world by area?
- Who directed 'Braveheart'?
- What is the official language of Brazil?
- Which well known singer had an album 'Every picture tells a story'?
- Who was Australia's first Prime Minister ?
- Which famous actor starred in Mad Max ?
- In which year was Australia Day first celebrated?
- Name 2 other NSW towns besides Wagga Wagga that are signposted WW2
West Wylong and Wee Waa
- What is the official language of Nigeria?
- What is the name of the mine that produces aprox. one third of the world's diamonds?
Argyle in WA
- Who starred as Ali in the movie of the same name?
- In what part of the body are the smallest bones?
- Who won the 2002 Rugby Union Super 12s?
- Where is Australia's largest country music festival ?
- What is the main ingredient of beer ?
- What is the nickname of the Western Australian cricket team?
- Which movie has the tag line "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hurl"?
- In what year were the Montreal Olympics held?
- What do you do when you nictate?
- In which year did the movie Strictly Ballroom premiere?
- What was Kylie Minogue's first feature film?
- How many masts does a sloop have?
- What is Australia's floral emblem?
- What was the name of Australian Crawl's first album?
The Boys Light Up
- Which British Monarch abdicated to marry Wallis?
King Edward VIII
- What is the floral emblem of South Australia ?
Sturt's Desert Pea
- What is the Eastern most point in Australia?
- What is the official language of Brazil?
- Australian bushranger Frederick Ward was also known as who ?
- Who invented Vegemite?
Dr. Cyril Callister
'A World of Trivia', 'Dear Grandpa Pencil' and 'A Cheapskate's Guide to Exploring Tasmania By Car'
with GoogleTM Custom Search
Published by Robin A Cartledge ~ ABN 19 924 273 138 ~ Low Head, Tasmania ~ Contact/Comment